THE MICHAEL PIEGARE FOUNDATION
The mission of the Foundation is to nurture and empower
young athletes to be the best they can be and help
fulfill their athletic dreams.
The Foundation is proud to announce the $50,000 Endowment Scholarship at Pace University is now fully funded and will be given out in perpetuity. Each and every year a deserving lacrosse player who best embodies the spirit of Michael’s legacy will receive a scholarship in his name.
2022 Ongoing Accomplishments for the MJP Foundation
• We proudly award The Michael J. Piegare Scholarship each year to a deserving student at Cold Spring Harbor High School. This college scholarship is awarded to a graduating athlete who places the team first, encourages and motivates others to be their best on and off the field.
• Every year we donate to Island Harvest’s Kids Weekend Backpack Feeding Program that provides weekend meals for those Long Island children that rely on school breakfast and lunch programs. We also contribute to their School Pantry Program, which offers food to students though out the school year in a discreet manner to take the stigma out of accessing food assistance.
• Every August we make a donation to The Junior Welfare League of Huntington’s Backpack for Success Program providing new backpacks and supplies for children to begin the school year.
• Every Summer we support the Hempstead PAL Lacrosse Program by funding 3 deserving players to participate on their Recon summer lacrosse team.
• Each year we are a “Dog Sponsor” for America’s Vetdogs, which provides training to a service dog for a disabled Military Veteran, allowing them to “live without boundaries.” Our Veterans have served us honorably; we hope to improve the life of a Veteran and their family.
• We provide funding to Sunrise Day Camp of Long Island, which provides an amazing camp experience for children with cancer and their siblings.
• Every holiday season we participate in Junior Welfare League of Huntington’s Holiday Charities Program providing gifts and household items for 20 children whose families fall below the poverty line.
Past MJP Foundation accomplishments since we started in 2009
The Foundation’s $50,000 MJP Endowment Scholarship at Pace University is fully-funded and will be given out in perpetuity. Each and every year a deserving lacrosse player who best embodies the spirit of Michael’s legacy will receive a scholarship in his name.
We provided temporary aid and housing for Long Island families in need whose lives got upturned by house fires and other emergencies.
Sponsored players from local towns to For The Love Of The Game summer lacrosse camp.
Sponsored Roosevelt Middle School players to attend a sleep-away lacrosse camp in New Hampshire
Sponsored young boys to attend Army Lacrosse sleep away camp.
Made a donation to the Field of Growth program in Southwest Uganda.
Awarded 5 children their “Dream” week of camp, featuring whichever sport they chose.
Provided a camp experiences at Camp Discovery.
Sponsored twenty 3rd grade children for lacrosse camp scholarships.
Awarded many of the outstanding counselors at Army LacrosseCamp.
Donated lacrosse equipment to kids in need
Sponsored youth lacrosse players to attend FLG Summer Lacrosse Camp.
Supported boys and girls to attend College Recruiting Showcases.
Funded coaching for PAL Spring Lacrosse in Uniondale.
Donated to Donorchoose.org to assist in purchasing Interactive Technology for diverse kindergarteners.
Board of Directors
Therese & Joseph Piegare
Kelly Belanger Kyle McAndrew
Steve Belanger Katelyn Piegare
Valerie Calabro Kevin Piegare
Andrea Cilmi Patricia Piegare
Celeste Jacobsen Ellen Marie Viggiano
Ellen Marie Kreling Vin Viggiano